Monday 4 January 2010

Sunday Market @ Gaya Street


This is probably the longest stay (3 nights) I had in Kota Kinabalu; normally it is for one night or even for a day trip. I flew over on New Year's Day and left this morning (Monday) for Brunei. As I was staying at Hotel Sarangnova which is located at Gaya Street; I had the opportunity to walk right into the Sunday Market yesterday morning as soon as I stepped out of the hotel's entrance. This is a weekly affair and the stalls are opened from 6.00am to 1.00pm every Sunday. Even tourists are flocking to this particular stretch of street looking for a bargain. You will find almost anything here (plants, coffee powder, toys, herbal medicine, clothings, pots & pans, handicrafts, pets, hardware and even tongkat ali!) if you look hard enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment