Friday 15 January 2010

Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur


The Sheraton Imperial Kuala Lumpur along Jalan Sultan Ismail has been my home away from home whenever I visit Kuala Lumpur for the past few years. Of course there are times when I stayed at different hotels depending on the purpose of my visits. Although its location is not as convenient as staying around the Bukit Bintang area (tourist belt); this is compensated for as there is a monorail station (Medan Tuanku) which is within walking distance from the hotel and links to Bukit Bintang and Sungei Wang. The Dang Wangi subway station is also within walking distance from the hotel. If you like night life, the "Heritage Row" (along Jalan Doraisamy, just beside the hotel and rebuilt from colonial style shophouses) boasts numerous pubs, bars, cafes and restaurants. There is an old coffee shop (opened in 1928) behind the hotel (along Jalan Dang Wangi) called "Yuk Kee" (non-halal) which serves authentic "kopi tiam" food such as toast with kaya and half boiled eggs and it is one place I never failed to patronize during breakfast time whenever I stayed at The Sheraton Imperial KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment