Wednesday 8 September 2010

Australia Zoo Home of the Crocodile Hunter

Leaving Surfers Paradise behind me, I drove up north towards Brisbane (where I will spent the night before going back to Brunei) but my next destination is the Australia Zoo, a 60 minutes' drive north of Brisbane. Just follow the signs to Sunshine Coast along Bruce Highway and then turn into Steve Irwin Way. Once on the Steve Irwin Way, proceed towards Beerburrum and Beerwah; Australia Zoo is just 3 kms from Beerwah. Entrance fee for an adult is A$57.00. Along this stretch of road you will find strawberry orchards and motels on both sides of the road. The tiger photo shoot were all booked up for the day (even though I was there at 10.30am) otherwise there will be a photo of me hugging a tiger! LOL. Australia Zoo is turning 40 this year and I'm very impressed with the zoo's commitment towards wildlife conservation. Steve Irwin's passion lives on! "Crikey!"

No comments:

Post a Comment