Friday 19 February 2010

Chinatown @ Jalan Petaling


Just before leaving KL, I took the monorail to Chinatown (Maharajalela station) from Bukit Bintang station but hopped onto the train at the wrong platform! I have to alight at Raja Chulan station and walk across to the opposite platform to continue my journey to Chinatown. This is the first time in my entire life that I have stepped onto the wrong train! How embarrassing! Chinatown is one of several tourist attractions that tourists like to visit for its cheap fake branded goods if you know how to bargain! It is the norm to slash 50% off any prices that the vendors were asking as they are well known for over-pricing their products. Lately, Chinatown is also well known for its foreign workers as almost all the stalls have at least one foreign worker manning it! A word of advice; don't go in the afternoon (that's what I did) as the heat is unbearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment