Sunday 20 May 2012

HSBC Walk Run Cycle 2012

Mike Leow
 Bobby & Mike
Last night, I participated in the HSBC Walk Run Cycle 2012 which is the biggest charity event ever organized in Brunei with more than 10,000 participants! I took part in the 11.5km run which flagged off at almost 9.00pm from Taman Haji Sir Muda Omar Ali Saifuddin and I managed to get back to the park at 10.18pm. No finishers' medals were given for this event and with so many people queuing up for the certificates; I gave it a pass! The whole padang (field) was painted in red as participants wore the red T-shirts provided on sign-up, reminding me of images of the "red shirts" in Bangkok! Incidentally, yesterday was also the anniversary of the Thai Government's crackdown on street protests two years ago! (Images were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S2).

1 comment: