Sunday 23 May 2010

Robin Hood 2010

Just watched "Robin Hood" at the Mall Cineplex with Richie (my colleague) and I was taken by surprise by a very different perspective of "Robin Hood" as portrayed in this movie. I was expecting a normal "Robin Hood" character "robbing the rich and helping the poor" kind of storyline and this film showed me a totally different side of "Robin Hood" which I was not aware of. This is a story of "Robin Hood" before he became an outlaw and "banished" into Sherwood Forest. Starring Russell Crowe as Robin Longstride (alias Robin Hood) and Cate Blanchett as Lady Marion Loxley, this film was shot entirely in England and Wales and the sceneries (especially of Nottingham, shot at Ashridge Estate) were breathtaking. I will not go into details of the movie (watch it yourself!) but I would say it's very entertaining if you have 2 hours and 20 minutes of your time to kill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment