Sunday 25 April 2010

Goodbye, Sheraton-Utama Hotel!

Peter Feran, GM of Radisson & Shamsul, President of BAH.
Present & past presidents of BAH.
Roast Lamb...
Tiger prawns and fresh oysters; yummy!
Come 30th April 2010 at midnight, Sheraton-Utama Hotel will be re-branded as the "Radisson Hotel Brunei", ending 28 years of partnership with the Sheraton brand. A dinner reception was hosted last night by the Board of Directors of Hotel Associates Sdn Bhd (owners of the hotel) at the Mutiara Ballroom to commemorate 28 years' association with Starwood Hotels & Resorts and to bid farewell to its outgoing General Manager, Mr. Alex Riva. I had fond memories of the Sheraton-Utama Hotel as I had good relationships with many of its past and present "associates". I used to patronize the bar (alcoholic drinks were still legal then) during its early days when I was working next door at the Angs Hotel. In fact when I first arrived in Brunei in 1981, I went for an interview at the Sheraton-Utama Hotel and was interviewed by its first Director of Security & Personnel, the late Dato Calvalho (somehow I didn't get a job there!). Anyway, I wish Alex Riva every success in his future undertakings and a warm welcome to Mr. Peter Feran, the first General Manager of Radisson Hotel Brunei. 

No comments:

Post a Comment