Sunday 26 May 2013

Grand Hyatt Jakarta

At the entrance to the swimming pool
 View from my room
 One of the shops at Plaza Indonesia
On my recent trip to Jakarta, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Jakarta for two nights from 24 May 2013 to 26 May 2013. The room at the Grand Hyatt is clean and spacious and the TV has so many channels I lost count! I did not venture far from the hotel as there is a huge shopping complex which is accessible via an underground tunnel just beside the hotel. Plaza Indonesia is home to most of  the big brands (like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc) and there are many restaurants on Level 3 (below ground) as well. My visit to Jakarta was to meet up with a Chinese geologist who flew in on 25 May 2013 and to accompany him into the remote jungles of Pontianak in the coming days. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment