Sunday 8 April 2012

Run for a Reason

Julia & her colleagues from Sunlit Advertising
Alex Chai, we were there before 5.30am!
Alex & Keith
 Raja (Organizing Chairman of The Run) promoting Pusat Ehsan's "The Run" to be held on 8 July 2012
SL, Irene, Julia & Edgar
Race Entry Pack which I collected on 5 April 2012
 My donation card & thank you to all my sponsors!
Update: Ranked 525 out of 762 in the 10km Men's category with 
a net time of 1:15:15 hours, a decent time by my standards! LOL...
This year's Standard Chartered Half Marathon's slogan is "Run for a Reason" and my main reason for participating is to support SCB's charity drive and secondly, I had an excuse to get fitter (it helps with my squash game with the extra training) and thirdly, the date (8-4-12) corresponded with my car's registration number (KH 8412)! This is the first time I've taken part in a race and I started training 3 weeks ago right after signing up online for the 10km run. Anyway, I didn't participate to win the race (quite difficult with so many talented and younger runners!) but to complete the race which I did! SCB did an excellent job in organizing this half marathon and I will definitely be back next year! Well done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment