Sunday 4 December 2011

The Ruins of Saint Paul's, Macau

 Senado Square, the entry point to The Ruins of St. Paul's
 View from the top of The Ruins of St. Paul's
 View from behind the farcade
This morning, I visited The Ruins of Saint Paul's, notably Macau's most famous landmark which has drawn millions of tourists to Macau just to see "what remains of a 16th Century Cathedral that was completed in 1602 and destroyed by fire during a typhoon in 1835". Along the way up to the Ruins, you will pass by numerous shops and eateries where you will be able to sample Macau's famous egg tarts and do some shopping as well. I have been to Macau four times in the past but I've never visited this site as during my previous visits, I only stayed one night and time does not permit me to do any sightseeing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment