Wednesday 4 November 2009

AMEX Charter Member Card


Finally, my AMEX Gold Charter Member card has arrived! AMEX has changed my account numbers so I will have to update my PayPal account, my Network Solutions account, RBA's card verification waiver and others which I can't think of right now. The other difference in the card is the words "Charter Member" on the front of the card. For security reasons, I've erased and substituted all the numbers with "threes" (for good luck! initially, I replaced the numbers with "zeros"), so nobody can use it for online purchases! The 4 digit security numbers has been erased as well. I make sure that the new card works by swiping it at my workplace's card terminal before destroying the old card. I will probably have to destroy a few more Malaysian-issued cards before the RM50 service charge per card kicks in next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment